About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

nice drawing. what is it?

My spouse Mark (the artist) says cats aren't hard to draw, but they ARE.

For example, most people want to draw a neck on their cats, but you usually don't see a cat's neck when you are hanging about with one. And don't forget that what we think of as their feet are actually the front halves of their feet, which is why their legs have more bends in them than ours, and I can never get that right either. Don't get me started on shoulders.

But as a guy named Tim has proved beyond all doubt, hardly anybody else can draw them either.

No comments: