About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, May 25, 2007

och aye. and woof

The Kennel Club recognizes twelve breeds of dog as being Scottish:
Bearded Collie
Cairn Terrier
Dandie Dinmont Terrier
Deerhound
Golden Retriever
Gordon Setter
Rough Collie and Smooth Collie
Scottish Terrier
Shetland Sheepdog
Skye Terrier
West Highland White Terrier

Got that from this page.

I have a secret yen to get a Westie and name him "Mad Jack McMad, winner of the All Scotland Madman Contest," after the character referred to briefly in the "Duel and Duality" episode of Blackadder the Third:
Blackadder: He's mad! He's mad. He's madder than Mad Jack McMad, the winner of this year's Mr Madman competition.

1 comment:

Jill Arnel said...

Andrée, you've gone daft! I'm should be reading this every day. Can't believe I missed this one and am linking it to MY latest entry. Geordie, one of my two "melanistic Westies" has had to be confined. He is hunting again and "giving voyce." Problem is that the neighbors tend to be less than delighted. . .