About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, June 07, 2007

i had no idea

. . . that the Beatles -- the soundtrack to my childhood from pretty much day one -- had ever recorded a song called "Leave My Kitten Alone."

It was one of their earliest recordings in 1964; there's a bit about it, and the lyrics, on this page about the Sessions / Anthology series.

They didn't write it - that was Little Willie John, Titus Turner, and James McDougal. I was trying to find someplace where you could hear it, but no luck. Do you know? Drop a line and tell me.

I didn't know Jane's Addiction had written THIS:
My cat's name is Maceo,
He's a little man in a cat's body
He yawns just like I do,
He's convinced I won't eat him

. . . rest of lyrics here.

No comments: