About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, August 24, 2007

i can has imitation?

It's the sincerest form of flattery, people say. And so it doesn't surprise me that the lolcat meme has taken on a couple new species.

(What's a meme? Yeah, that term has been kicked around a lot in the latest year or 2. A meme is a piece of cultural information, like a song, that catches on and filters out to the population almost like genes either make it or don't -- without people really trying, but the good ones survive.)

I thought icanhascheezburger was pretty funny with their whole subset regarding the tragic tale of the walrus and his bucket. But lolwalrus has not got his own site (that I know of so far).

Lolrats, however, do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is just wrong!
However, it is Bobaloo's new fave site!