About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, August 20, 2007

nola

Yesterday I could not post. I was out of town, working with an editing client of mine. He's 88, sharp as a tack, and muses ruefully that the retirement home doesn't seem to have too many Democrats. "Or Italians," he says. "I used to know all kinds of people."

I think that's why he takes such great pleasure in his dog, Nola. She is a huge German Shepherd with gentle eyes and a protective air, and -- I found out yesterday -- not much liking for midsize American sedans, which she charges at snarling. Huh.

4 comments:

The Lee County Clowder said...

The problem is he's looking in the wrong place. Thousands of people have been voting straight ticket Democrat since the day they died. Check out Chicago, if you don't believe me. :-)

curator said...

No kidding! You'd think that wouldn't be a prob here in the Pacific Northwest, though. How are you all?

The Lee County Clowder said...

We seem to spend a lot of time posting condolence notes on various blogs, for sick or missing or bridge kitties or their sick beans, but we're still hanging in.

How are all your kitties (and other critters?) doing these days?

curator said...

well... kitties are fine, as is the dog, and I'm about to lose my job, so it's a mixed bag! Will Curate For Food! ;-)