About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, September 06, 2007

119 populated places named for dogs

At least that's what I get when I go to placenames.com and do an advanced search for "dog" in "type of place = populated places", USA only. (Today your dog, tomorrow the world.)

Places like Dogpatch, Alaska. Dog Town, California's Mono County. Dogway, Virginia. Ooh, don't you want to type in "ferret"? Or "tarantula"?

Unfortunately, the info goes not a heck of a lot further than that, so I cannot discover there how a town gets named in such a fashion. Anybody out there live in one of these?

No comments: