About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Sunday, September 09, 2007

dog and cat scrapbook

Tyler, I do not know you, but if your online scrapbook choices at the Smithsonian's "myCollection" site are any indication, you have a good eye.

Tyler has availed himself of a new feature at the website of the Smithsonian's American Art Museum, where you may select works you like and save their images into a "scrapbook". His selection includes some sensitively modeled 19th-century heads of a cat and a dog by Paul Wayland Bartlett, a folk art Monkey Dog by Miles Burkholder Carpenter, and some works by Paul Manship. Why don't you have a look? Perhaps you'd like to start your own scrapbook.

1 comment:

Moira said...

I love this post and featured it -- and your site on my blog today-- Dog Art Today.

http://dreamdogsart.typepad.com/art/

Great pet finds on your blog -- love it!