About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

hail bast!

A poem to the Egyptian cat-headed goddess Bast:

Mau Bast! Mau Bast! A Basti, per em setat, erta-na chu em asui neter sentra
semu hena net'emmit, hetep ab em asui tau heqt.

Your ancient Egyptian is a bit sketchy, you say? Here you go.


Hail Bast! Hail Bast! Hail Bast, coming forth from the secret place, may there
be given to me splendor in the place of incense, herbs, and love-joys, peace of
heart in the place of bread and beer.

I think I like Bast a lot.
I found the poem at this Bast website.

No comments: