About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

bruno, a faithful dog

Did you see The Triplets of Belleville? It wasn't for everyone, as you'll gather by reading this Salon review. But I loved this odd, dark, sweet animated movie about a young French cyclist, his dreams of the Tour de France, his tough and devoted grandma, and his old dog Bruno.
Bruno is old, round, and likes to bark at trains when they race past the tilting house in which his family lives. When his master gets kidnapped, however, he's right there with Grandmere in the search. He's utterly lovable, a hero, and all dog. Take a peek at this clip from Triplets if you like -- the master and Grandma have come in from a tough bout of training, and all Bruno wants is his table scraps.

I'm home. Hooray! And found out Elizabeth is in heat. Not so yay! She goes in to the vet Jan. 3.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love The Triplets of Belleville...I am a bit of a animation buff. The style and artwork is amazing.

The Lee County Clowder said...

The days until Jan 3 will likely be long ones.