About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, August 28, 2008

how did "get fuzzy" happen, anyway?

Where I live now, I don't get the paper every day. This means I can't keep up with my favorite cartoons every day - yes, I DO have some.

One of my top faves is Get Fuzzy.

I always wonder, who is this Darbey Conley guy and how did he get around to creating such a perfectly realized universe of cat/dog/single owner? Obviously he knew his cats, since he created Bucky, one of the greatest cats you love to hate and hate to love. Then there's darling Satchel, whose simple and sweet attitude to life we could all stand to borrow more often than not. (Except for the garbage eating thing.)

In 2002 PopCult Magazine sat down with Conley and asked him a bunch of this same stuff. And here's his answers.

No comments: