About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

pet design that's hip

So, I hear that it's Pet Design Month all September at ApartmentTherapy.com.



There's a lot of cats in the mix. Why, I wonder? Because these are by and large urban spaces, and cats are easier to house in the city? Because cats are easy to fit into the decor?

Anybody have a guess? Meanwhile, here is Elizabeth fitting into my "decor". . .


(Read: wingchair all the staff have stropped their little swiney claws upon.)

Speaking of design, that's a little yellow IKEA lion toy she's got. "King of the jungle, huh? I got your king of the jungle right here."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do enjoy seeing where modern urban cats live. Very interesting.

I believe that it is possible to have all the style and design panache going on in a house, but it won't be a home until there are felines in residence. City living might emphasise distance from nature for urban dwelling humans. Ergo, we felines add some much needed essence of natural world.

The shredded furniture is a bonus.

Aaah, Elizabeth, greetings oh beautiful, tabby keeper of the puny King of the jungle!