About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

bunny style

I found this likeable story from the British designer Paul Smith on Anecdotage.com:
In the early 1980s...I was on a train with a friend and I was daydreaming out
the window. He said, 'What are you looking for?' And I told him that I was
looking for rabbits, because if I saw one before my fashion show, I knew the
collection would be good. A week later, he sent me a toy rabbit for good luck.
Then he must have told someone, who told someone else, and now I receive between
six and twenty rabbits a week. I have about 18 cartons of toy rabbits in my
warehouse in Nottingham.

And what have lucky rabbits inspired? See Paul Smith's designs here. And can you spot the rabbit reference in this interview?

No comments: