About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Sunday, January 18, 2009

stereo dogs!

Oh boy! I am very pleased at what I have found to bring you today.

How about some vintage 3-D photos of people with dogs? I stumbled upon a site called "doubledogs," and found a page on "Doubledogs in history" - that is, a selection of stereoscope pix, along with some thoughtful text on most of them, apparently used as a teaching tool way back when.

There is a Belgian dog cart hauling milk canisters. There is Major, the Red Cross dog. There's a pet "helping" shovel snow. And a charming young sailor on a chaise longue with his dog (on the chaise!) and cat. There's more, too - click on the link and have a look!

No comments: