About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Wednesday, March 04, 2009

"the poetry of pugs and french bulldogs"

"Really?" I thought, as that item popped up in my search for "french poetry dog". I couldn't not look - curiosity kills the cat, but it makes the curator.

That's how I discovered this privately published volume of black and white photos and heartfelt, immediate poems, created by an 11-year-old boy and his mother.

". . . A pup eats readily
Quietly sleeping slight pups dream
Mother embraces, therefore puppies flourish."

The Google Books view is limited, but you will still find lots to appreciate.

No comments: