About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, April 16, 2009

art is consolation

My gracious. What a week.




I need to feast my eyes on my favorite things: art and pets, rolled up together like a peanut butter cup (Mm, right?).

How about this lovely "Tom Cat" by the Dutch artist Frans Koppelaar (1943 - )? Koppelaar currently prides himself on not belonging to any art movement, and painting with a simple, straightforward realism. Now I am fond of many styles and theories of art, so I think there's lots of different ideas to enjoy. Today this was the one I found. Ah, I can almost feel that fur.

Koppelaar's website is here (but he doesn't do many pets).

No comments: