About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

bunny tiles from a garden



You know, I could've posted this for Easter. These are a couple of tiles from a tile wall at the Georgetown (Seattle WA) P-Patch, one of many community gardens scattered through the city. Tara and John (Robin&Finchy's mom and dad) got on the waiting list and were successful this year, so I showed up to salivate over the thought of fresh lettuce. Then I noticed the wall.

There's lots of handmade tiles on the wall, but because it was getting close to Easter I saw these and was enchanted. They're Peter-Rabbity, aren't they? All plump and compact like Beatrix Potter bunnies. I guess all the tiles were installed recently, in June 2008, if this announcement is right.

No comments: