About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

a dutch rabbit

This is Robert (Dutch Rabbit), an oil on panel from January 2009 by Ljubica Todorovic. A delicious small-scaled work measuring 8'x8', this painting shows off Ljubica's love for painting bunnies. She creates others of a fantastical and playful nature, too, which are sure to bring an instant smile. I love her color sense and am sure you will too. Check her out at studiotodorovic.com and ljubicatodorovic.com. Be sure and check out her notes on her painting set-up (June 12th '09) for a great first-person on "what it's like to paint."

5 comments:

Fin said...

Oh he is sweet curator. Mom has a real thing for bunnies and squirrels... come to think of it I do too.

curator said...

Oh Fin, I'm glad you like it! Did you have a chance to see her other fun bunnies too?

Ljubica Todorovic said...

Hi! Thanks for featuring my bunny painting :) I will paint more bunnies now! :)

curator said...

It was my great pleasure, Ljubica! Thanks for your lovely bunny.

A Few Good Cats said...

We admire her choice of subject material... there are all sorts of things to see in bunnies that are worth painting.