About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, September 14, 2009

from the puyallup fair

Yes, I spent a happy sunny Sunday with Tara & John (of Robin & Finchy fame) checking out the critters at the 2009 Puyallup Fair. What you see here are the usual cellcam photos (= terrible quality. I know). But T&J were so kind as to give me a few of theirs, which are professional quality, so stay tuned for some tomorrow.
Meanwhile, here's a 4-H kitty sleeping after a hard morning's getting judged.

All three of us loved this orange fellow. Just because.

Each cat's cage sported themed decor of some kind. This is a 4-H tradition/rule, it seems. I wish I had gotten a photo of the cat bed made up to look like a golden beehive.


There is such a thing as a Bantam Duck (this kind is a Call Duck, I gather). I didn't know that. They would fit comfortably in your open hand, and have cute stubby round beaks. I chose this one because all the others were posed so porcelain-smooth they didn't look real.

A miniature horse, as brushed and shiny and softly buffed as you might wish, having a nap.


This bunny might look huge from this angle, but he's a Mini-Lop. And much more beautiful a fawn color than my cellphone cam could render.


4 comments:

Noll's Nip said...

The miniature pony is darling :)

Quill and Greyson said...

Oh those are all great!

Lisa said...

That is so NOT a mini lop. go here and see a real mini lop: stardustsrabbitry.weebly.com

Anonymous said...

the ears~~ not mini lop, sorry.