About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, February 22, 2010

(exquisite) vintage photo time

image courtesy j. mcdermott
Bonne Annee - Happy New Year! I like to think I'm only a week late for the Year of the Tiger with this one. My friend John M of Robin and Finchy fame happened to purchase this charming vintage photo postcard, and was kind enough to let me share it with you.
There is a note on the back, but not in French. We think it's Dutch. We can't read it. So we think the card is from the same lovely young lady holding her little bright eyed buddy on the front, but we're not sure. By the way, do you see how the trim and dots on her dress have been highlighted in dazzling white?
In any case what says Happy Year of the Tiger better than your own tiny tiger? I hope these two had many joyful years together.
**Note - John has kindly checked for me: This card dates from 1909.

4 comments:

A few Good Cats said...

A good image of a happy moment in time....

Quill and Greyson said...

This is a great one!

Cliff and Olivia said...

Happy Year of the Tiger to you too!

The photo is lovely. One can't help wonder what happened to the cat and the girl.

Julia Williams said...

that is really beautiful!