About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

grownups' night out: a kitty cocktail or two

(Sorry, kids! This one's for the legal drinking age crowd!)

Goodness. Is it only Tuesday?
It IS?
I could have sworn it was Friday.
Well, will you all let me pretend it is so that I may prepare myself a refreshing pet-themed beverage? I could use some uh, one. (Recipes found on drinksmixer.com.)

Cheshire Cat
1 oz spiced rum
1 oz peach schnapps
1 oz orange juice
ice
Shake with ice. Strain into glass over ice.

Cat's Eye
1 1/2 oz Bombay Sapphire® gin
3/4 oz Green Chartreuse®
1/2 oz dry vermouth
1 orange peel
Shake gin, chartreuse, and vermouth in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Strain into chilled cocktail glass. Twist orange peel and drop into cocktail.

For super simplicity, perhaps I'll have . . .

Cat Cocktail
(Oddly enough, not Elizabeth in a martini glass)
1 1/2 oz vodka
1/2 oz triple sec
4 oz Ocean Spray® cranberry juice
Fill highball glass with ice. Mix a high-quality vodka and Triple Sec into glass. Fill with cranberry juice and garnish with a lemon wedge.

Drink all your cats responsibly, folks! Legal disclaimer blah blah blah if you don't.

1 comment: