About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Sunday, May 09, 2010

happy mother's day

"Then Tabitha Twitchit came down the garden and found her kittens on the wall with no clothes on."

In honor of long-suffering moms everywhere, I present to you in full (thanks, Internet Archive!)
Beatrix Potter's The Tale of Tom Kitten.
(Should be a bookreader widget below; scroll through for every one of Potter's antic illustrations in excellent color reproduction)

(I especially like the passage where the Puddle-Ducks are introduced: "They had very small eyes, and looked surprised." )

No comments: