About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

"mouse-catching rhyme"

Could any list of classical cat music be complete without Hugo Wolf's "Mouse-Catching Rhyme"? Now that I've heard of it, I think not. And that's thanks to Fred Flaxman, of "Compact Discoveries with Fred Flaxman."

I recently discovered the online transcripts of his two-part program, "A CATalog of Music." Here's just a few of the treats listed therein:
- Gabriel Fauré: Mi-a-ou from Dolly Suite
- Eric Satie: Song of the Cat
- Ernst Dohnány: Cats on the Roof
- Aaron Copland: I Bought Me a Cat
- Ernesto Lecuona: Black Cat

Pretty intriguing, huh? Go have a look (and a listen, if you sign up for the particular audio platform they have). A CATalog of Music part I, followed by part II.

3 comments:

DILLIGAF said...

I is sorry not to have been by. It is Two Legs fault. he was busy he says.

I bit his toes the other night and now I is postings again.

I has missed you.

Maximus

http://maximusspittimus.blogspot.com

curator said...

Oh, Maximus! What a pleasure to see you over here! Tell Two Legs I understand about the busy part.

Katnip Lounge said...

Rats! I'm at work...I will listen once I get home on a non-dinosaur PC...
I love your posts!