About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Saturday, October 02, 2010

chet phillips has two new series!

image copyright chet phillips 2010 and provided by kind permission of the artist

I am very excited to bring you today's post, because yesterday Chet Phillips dropped me a line to say that he had not one, but two new trading card series! Above you'll find someone from his "Literary Pets 2" pack. Hm. . . slender, sensitive, impeccably dressed, but what's with the cockroach? You've guessed it: here's Franz Katka. You'll also see G.R.R. Tolkien and H.P. Lovecat, among many other perfect reinterpretations of authors you've read all your life.
And then! Get a look at the Artistic Pets series, where you'll meet Vizla Van Gogh and Frida Kahlico, among others. Like the Literary Pets, each artist is completely plausible (I can't tell you how much I want to type "pawsible;" there, I lost) and has small enjoyable elements to find, such as the clouds on Rene Pugritte's shirt, or the crazed, down-the-nose look in the eyes of Labrador Dali.
Chet Phillips' powers of invention and deftness of execution never fail to amaze me. Get a look at all the card series here, and then you'll want to check out his Etsy shop.

No comments: