About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, January 31, 2011

vintage photo time

and again: ampersand. approximate date unknown but it's a polaroid
Ow. Your silent disapproval is hurting me.
But why is the dog so disapproving? (There's a Scottie in a couple of P.G. Wodehouse's Bertie & Jeeves books that is said to look like "a Scotch elder rebuking sin.")
Have you ever seen a more perfect stereo stinkeye? Boy, I hope things got better from there on out.

6 comments:

Katnip Lounge said...

SRSLY hissed off, if they were kitties!

Quill and Greyson said...

Stereo Stink Eye! MOL

Ann Dziemianowicz said...

ha! Where do you found all your photos!

curator said...

Ann, my secret weapon is a little shop in Portland OR that specializes in ephemera. It has a fifty cent bulk bin, I get there about every 3 months....and I just stand there and dig for half an hour!

parlance said...

I always love your old photos.

I'm in a short story writing group and our project this month is to look at old post cards or photos, so I've been trawling our local State Library's archives.

I've just had the inspired idea of searching your blog for the tag "vintage photo" and seeing if one of the pictures sparks my imagination.

Thanks!

curator said...

Parlance, I'm so glad you like them that much! I do too...and I should do a better job of tagging. I usually am writing this blog in a dead rush before work or on my lunch hour, so I never seem to get around to tagging.