Thank you so much, Cate at under the blanket! She gave us (and 14 other fine blogs) the Stylish Blogger Award. And now that means I must offer up a little something in return. The pressures of time always keep me from doing as much as I would like, but I'll try:
First of all, I must list seven things about me you may not know.
1. I went to private school in Singapore as a kid. (But that's not as fancy as it sounds - it was one year, and there wasn't any other place for American kids to go.)
2. When asked about my favorite book I always say "Jane Eyre," and then for a split second I think about Jeffrey Bernard's Reach for the Ground.
3. Elizabeth is named after my paternal grandmother.
4. I loved Scott Pilgrim Versus the World, both print and movie.
5. I am still trying to teach myself Italian after going to Florence 4 times.
6. I love me some Morris Day and the Time!
7. Last but not least, I was a professional pet sitter for about 3 years and it was in many ways the best (and hardest) job I ever had.
And now! Let's see about some awards going out - and this is going to take me a couple days, so hang with me. . .
My Ugly Kitty starring the wonderful Quasi
Katnip Lounge, starring a dozen cool cats and the best lounge evar
Ok I have to do some more tomorrow...the laundry calls...
and I'm back:
Paper Bag & String, Ann D's blog on cats, creativity and life's moments
El Diario de Ana, a gatorrista in the Canary Islands who takes no prisoners!
my dog, starring Penny and the thoughtful, pleasant writing of Parlance
Housecat Confidential: Fin the suburbiacat takes you into her world
ChetArt: Because I heart Chet Phillips' work
A Number of Things: Laura Brown in Britain reflects on many things and I am always educated and delighted
Cliff and Olivia: Two tuxies in Copenhagen
I have to stop because my lunch break is up but I feel that every single Museum fan deserves an award. I am always so happy when you stop by and say a word, and look forward to my visits to you!