About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Saturday, May 05, 2012

cats and musicians

I admit it:  I'm a solid fan of the Beastie Boys, and it's extremely sad to report that Adam Yauch - MCA - died yesterday after battling cancer for almost 3 years.  I was hoping to dig up a photo of him with a pet.  That didn't happen, but in the process here's some fun things I did find:

50 pictures of musicians their pets, from Pigeons&Plans.  Great snap of John Lennon nuzzling a Siamese, and Paul McCartney and Martha of "Martha My Dear" fame.
Billboard has some of the same shots in their Pop Pets: Musicians and their Furry Friends, but look anyway if only to see Cee-lo's awesome cat.
You like perhaps something more traditional?  Then Yale Libraries has something for you:  Musicians and Their Pets, in which you may see Benny Goodman with his kids and fuzzy dog, among other great photos.

By the way, one of my favorite cats-in-music video is the one scooting now and then through the Beasties' "Looking Down the Barrel of a Gun."

2 comments:

Chicco said...

Oh,
i'm so sorry for Adam.
It's a great post to remember him.
Have a nice sunday.
Woof, woof,

Chicco

Loren said...

You could always add some music to the pet museum. At least links. Medium as message and all that.