About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, July 23, 2012

bloggers unite for dog rescue

thanks wikipaintings.org {PD}
I understand from MyBrownNewfies.com that today is "Bloggers Unite for Dog Rescue" day (July 23 2012).  In honor of dogs having a safe place to sleep and a sweet life, here's Gerrit Dou's 1650 oil on panel, Sleeping Dog with Terracotta Pot.  Except when you get a chance to see this painting in a bigger size, you see the little guy isn't really sleeping.  His eyes are heavy, but open enough to spot anything bothersome.  This makes me think this dog must not have belonged to Dou.  I wonder who he is and where he went afterwards.

No comments: