About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, September 28, 2012

a pup's soul in charcoal

copyright and by kindest permission of the artist
Did you think this was a black and white photo?  No - it's an exquisitely crafted charcoal portrait by Amy Louise Mfuni, a young Oregon artist.  She Likes to Draw, her website subtitle tells me, and her work could not make that more evident.  You should check her out at amylouiseart.com.
Maybe she should draw your pet.  Here's her very reasonable rates:
Single subject pet portrait:
6x6 - $100 unframed or $120 framed 
12x12 - $150 unframed or $130 framed
Add $50 per additional subject
She has the gift, I think, of capturing an animal's individual soul while rendering every hair, as if you could put out a hand and find them there vibrant with every memory you shared - oh, the temptation to have her draw my long gone Zozo.

2 comments:

Jill said...

Indeed! I love her portrait of my Audrey and all the others. Ah, Zozo! Yes. . . That wish is released to the Universe. Love.

parlance said...

That is an exquisite portrait.