About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Sunday, October 14, 2012

spot a happy cat

"Spotted Cat" image copyright and by kindest courtesy of Liz Langley
San Diego artist Liz Langley writes, "I especially love color & pattern- in design, art and the everyday world. I  find it fascinating and wonderful and I'm so happy I get to work with it every day."  You can see that here in her "Spotted Cat," a print from her Etsy shop, Henri Hopper.  (Who's Henri Hopper?  Keep reading!)  Really I felt that this drawing distilled some of the cheeriest things about cats in my life:  the happy look of a cat knowing there is loving to be had for the asking, and the toy-like pleasure of looking over every spot and stripe (as I often do with my famously beautiful Elizabeth).
A little more on the artist:
Liz Langley has happily spent her time drawing and painting since she was able to hold a pencil and paintbrush. She is a graduate of New York University and San Diego Mesa College and has spent time much of her adult life traveling and living abroad, a fact which still inspires and influences much of her work. Born and raised in San Diego, she now lives on the beach there with her family and her muse, Henri Hopper the french bulldog. Keep up with current happenings and be first to see new works at: www.facebook.com/henrihopper.

No comments: