About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

"tragedy" - a dog limerick

Not a tragedy at all.  Have you ever read a sad limerick?

A high bred young puppy from Skye
Searched long and in vain for his eye,
For his mistress with care
Had combed his long hair
O'er the place where these orbs ought to lie.
 -- Anonymous, from Songs of Dogs, Robert Frothingham, ed. (Houghton Mifflin, 1920) p. 115.

1 comment:

parlance said...

Funny! When I'm combing Penny, I always have to check I'm not combing her eyeballs, so it rang true for me, lol.