About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Sunday, May 05, 2013

don't just sit there, bunny

public domain, provided by kindest permission of the british library
From the Harley MS 1121 f. 141, "Detail of a dog chasing a hare on the lower portion of a partial foliate bar border, at the beginning of the Speculum ecclesiae." (The Speculum ecclesiae, or Mirror of the Church, was written by St. Edmund of Abingdon.  The manuscript in which this scene is found dates from the mid 14th century.)  The dog looks so happy. I would too if my prey wasn't bothering to go anywhere.

No comments: