About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

best cat bookends ever

Look at these bookends and know craving. I do. But I cannot have them. The Brooklyn Museum does. They are so perfectly 30's deco. Cats distilled to their most stylized, stylish form.

Caption and rights info: Walter von Nessen (American, born Germany, 1889-1943). Cat Bookend, One of Pair, 1930-1935. Copper-plated alloy, 7 3/8 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 in. (18.7 x 11.4 x 6.4 cm). Brooklyn Museum, H. Randolph Lever Fund, 1994.156.4. Creative Commons-BY

2 comments:

Traveling Cats said...

I want... I want... :)

parlance said...

Yes, I want too...