About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, August 08, 2013

whaaat? it's world cat day?

thanks wikimedia commons (PD-old)
How did THAT sneak up on me?  Happy World Cat Day, kitties all, including the beauteous Elizabeth currently skewering me with disapproving green eyeballs.  In celebration here's John William Godward's* The Tease of 1901.

*Godward is a bit interesting in a tragic way.  You might find the link to his Wikipedia page interesting.  He should clearly have spent more time with his pets.

2 comments:

Fr. Tom Fish said...

Happy World Cat Day to you, too, and thank you for your kind words of comfort when we lost our special kitty Tom.

Take care xx

Tinker, Mom Julie, Mittens, Anastasia and Angel Tom

curator said...

Dear gang over at Father Tom's house,
I know too well how much it hurts to lose a special kitty friend (and dog friend too). The caring thoughts of friends old and new helped me then and I hope to comfort you now. With hugs, Your friendly Curator