About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, October 17, 2013

disinterested cat is disinterested

via discarded image.tumblr.com; 'London Rothschild Hours' ('Hours of Joanna I of Castile'), Ghent ca. 1500.
British Library, Add 35313, fol. 16v
My new favorite Tumblr is Discarding Images, a collection of all the weirdest and best of medieval illuminations.  Here's one posted just this morning from the Hours of Joanna I of Castile.  Saint Mark is writing his Gospel, but try explaining the importance of this to the cat.  The cat is perfectly content to stare into space at nothing much.  Elizabeth (to whom this cat has some resemblance) is doing the exact same thing as I type this.  No respect, I tell you.

No comments: