About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

a beautiful black cat from carole gregorio chapla

image copyright and by kindest permission of the artist
There's a pleasant chunkiness to this fine black cat that reminds me of more cheerful German Expressionism, like Franz Marc's Two Cats.  The same emphasis on line and bold color makes for a crisply rendered green plant in a pot and a solid ledge bathed in cool light.  Black Cat on Ledge by Florida artist Carole Gregorio Chapla is one of the finest examples of her sympathetic and loving portrayals of animals.  Though cats are a large focus of her work, ". . . every now and then I might paint dogs, alligators, birds, flowers, and even an occasional opossum! I love them all!" she says.  You can see that love clearly when you peruse her Etsy shop, Ladybug Art Studio.

No comments: