About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, January 03, 2014

vintage flea medication ad


From the back pages of The Dog; With Simple Directions for his Treatment . . .
by "Idstone" (Thomas Pearce), 1872.
The "Important Testimonials" read as follows:
"I believe Naldire's Tablet to be perfectly harmless to the dog, but fatal to the fleas."
"I do not think anyone possessing a dog of value should be without Naldire's Tablet."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is lovely. Where on earth did you find this? I love all things vintage:)

curator said...

Through Google Booksearch. It was in the back of the book - putting ads there used to be more common. I liked it too!