About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, January 31, 2014

walking into the weekend with puss in boots

public domain
I just featured another Puss in Boots a bit ago, but this 1820 woodcut has a very different take from that one.  (Partially due to the rough hewn nature of the woodcut, but I'm not complaining.) This guy is just strolling off into opportunity like any good 19th-century youth with his whiskers high, a pack on his back and a smile on his face, and that's a good example to follow.

I found this over at CircaSassy's Flickr collection of public domain images with the following attribution.
The surprising adventures of Puss in boots ; The history of a little dog ; and The history of a little boy found under a haycock ([ca. 1820?]) The original book is available at the Internet Archive (www.archive.org/details/surprisingadvent00johniala ).

No comments: