About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, February 20, 2014

i love a (cat) parade

image copyright and by kindest permission of casey robin
Looking at this piece is like watching the girls chase their favorite feathery thingonastring. Prancing, twisting, leaping, whiskers up, paws nimble, Casey Robin's "Cat Parade" captures exactly the elegant energy of cats having fun. I knew when I saw this I was reckoning with someone who knew her craft, and Casey's artist's statement proved me right:
* * *
Casey Robin is an illustrator and story artist working out of Sacramento, California. Her clients include Walt Disney Animation Studios, Zondervan Publishing, and the Pac-12 Conference. She has studied art and animation at CalArts, Studio Art Centers International in Florence, The Illustration Academy at Ringling, and more.
Casey Robin has made pictures for print, film, and the web. She uses paints, pencils, crayons, coffee, and even the computer. Her favorite things to draw are fairy tale characters, people from different cultures, and adorable girls. She finds inspiration in books, music, her family and friends, and her fat cat, Oliver.
* * *
Check it all out at her Etsy shop, which wins extra awesomeness points from me for having a section titled "Ponies for Bronies."

No comments: