About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, March 24, 2014

kazumi's cat catches the sun

image by kindest permission of the artist
"Cat Nap" by Seattle artist Kazumi distills the essence of cat in pale early sun.  The morning may be underway, but the full warmth hasn't hit yet.  What's a cat to do?  In this clever and quiet little acrylic, Kazumi shows she knows:  stretch out those toes and wait.  Have a look at her Etsy shop, and here's the piece on Flickr - "Cat and Lizard" - that made me ask her to let me post.
It's Monday.  Take a breath, stretch those toes and wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really love this painting. The cat's little pink toes were very cute. I think the style of this piece is great!