About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

come see the amazing smart cats

thanks bibliotheque nationale de france. marked PD
http://catalogue.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/cb42578955r
Come see the chats savants!  This show poster of 1890-1900 has its marquee blank, the better to fill in the next appearance of the clever, skillful cats.  Watch them frolic on a swing!  Watch them balance on each other, walk a tightrope, wind round bottles, jump through hoops of fire! I don't want to watch them do that last one.
There were many troupes of performing cats in centuries past; I have read of one owned by an M. Bonnetty in 1890, which I can tell you about tomorrow.

No comments: