About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Friday, June 13, 2014

a cat's view of the world

image copyright and by kindest permission of the artist
In Honolulu artist Linda Bachrach's world, a white picket fence becomes a wall of smiling faces as a cat sits in contemplation.  Her "Cat's Garden" is my TGIF treat to you all today, and at Linda's Etsy shop HawaiiCats you may see more playful smiling faces.  Linda's "about" page states that her passions are cats, art and Japan.  Here's more about how she shares that joy with people:
I have a background in Chinese calligraphy and landscape painting and my inspirations come from the simplicity of Asian art, particularly the art I am exposed to in my travels to Japan.
I paint my cats in a loose, expressive style to capture the attitudes and personalities of these wonderful creatures. Most are imaginative in color and shape with a special mischievous look in their eye. Always happy, these cats bring smiles to the faces of all who see them.
This work certainly brought a smile to my face this morning.  Feeling mellow?  Try a look at her Hot Springs Cats.

No comments: