About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Thursday, July 10, 2014

artist matte stephens and lillian's mind

image copyright and by kindest permission of the artist
This is Lillian.  Lillian loves to think a few steps out of the quotidian kitty day, and thanks to artist Matte Stephens we have "Lillian Playing With an Abstract Thought" as an example of how good it is to stretch your mental horizons.
Matte Stephens notes this of himself:  "I am a 40 year old painter that lives in Peterborough NH. I love Mid 20th century industrial and graphic design like the work of Charles and Ray Eames, Alexander Girard, George Nelson/Irving Harper and fine artists of the same era like Ben Shahn and Paul Klee."  
As longtime Museum readers know, I'm a Klee fan. I saw Klee's love for cats' characters and his playful portrayals of thoughts here. The colorful Tinkertoy of Lillian's mind also calls up the textiles of Ray Eames, abstract yet clearly created with a delighted human hand.  
More excellence is found here at Matte's Etsy shop.

1 comment:

vivienne strauss said...

Beautiful post!