About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, August 18, 2014

i would love to hear this bunch sing

image copyright and by kindest permission of the artist
Seattle artist Jacqui Beck's Unquiet Menagerie (acrylic and mixed medium) is a joyful riot of some of my favorite creatures and complementary colors.  I do love a good orange and blue together, and the humor of this piece made me laugh out loud when I first saw this on the wall at Columbia City Gallery.  I'd love a world where the birds sing next to their usual kitty foes, bold and uncaring, while the cats sit unconcerned. That same bright peace glows from all her animal-themed pieces.  Here's a selection I hope you'll visit at her website.  "I paint about the connection of all things, keeping in mind both the depth and whimsy of life," Beck writes on her Statement page, and that's precisely what I love about this piece.  It cheers me up and gives me hope that all the "birds and cats" in my own life will get along.

No comments: