About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Saturday, November 01, 2014

and one more to wrap up halloween week

image copyright and by kindest permission of the artist
original painting, acrylic on masonite
One more black cat because I love Halloween and black cats!  This plaintive-looking fellow is "William," and he's a master of using an air of disappointment to get what he wants.  So says artist Arleigh Schwartz of Windsor, Ontario, who creates William and a whole bunch of soulful creatures like him for her Etsy shop Spiral Forest Studio.
"Animals are my passion," Arleigh writes. "They evoke a wide range of positive emotions in people - joy, love, hope, and humour to name a few. I love to try to capture these feelings and ideas in my paintings."  I think you will agree she has done just that.  Here's one I almost used instead - remind you of anyone here on the "staff"?

No comments: