About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, November 10, 2014

the babel cat by larissa mayorova

image copyright and by kindest permission of the artist
You can't understand anything your cat says?  Maybe this is the truth of it here:  the felines were behind the Towel of Babel!  I can think of no higher compliment to Babel Cat's creator, Russian-French artist Larissa Mayorova, than to say this reminds me of the lyrical and sinuous Symbolism of Remedios Varo.  Varo was a cat lover par excellence, and I see here something of the same appreciation for the cat's mystery.
I regret to say I read neither French or Russian, but I still enjoyed my trip to Larissa's blog.  Here too is her Etsy shop, full of intriguing views of a fantasy world.  Do go!

No comments: