About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, February 16, 2015

happy hedgehog arms


thanks wikimedia commons. (PD-Czech Gov)

Hedgehog fans, maybe you should visit the village of Jezkovice in the Czech republic.  This is the municipal coat of arms, granted in 2002.  I can't find a reason why the village chose this, but in past times hedgehogs were said to collect food by rolling about in the fallen fruit of the harvest, collecting it on their spikes.  These look like three golden apples to me: perhaps it's a particularly cheerful and prosperous place.  Visit the city website and see what you think.

I have to throw this in because it's so funny for us art historian types:  Art Historian Hedgehog.

No comments: