About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, March 23, 2015

open air art viewing: boomer

i took this
Yesterday was a good day for a morning trip to Queen Anne in Seattle.  We met a friend, drank some coffee, and in the course of a stroll up and down the avenue, met a new face.

and i took this
Here's Boomer, a 2014 bronze by Pacific NW artist Georgia Gerber.  I found a neighborhood blog posting with some photos of Boomer being cast and finished, which are interesting if you'd like to know how it's done.  For the artist herself, I can send you to her website, but have not spoken with her myself.  She specializes in public works, frequently of animals.  They are friendly works with a bit of fantasy thrown in now and again; I like them.

No comments: