About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Sunday, October 18, 2015

heart full of hedgehogs

image copyright and by kindest permission of the artist
"I love any kind of painting, but I've got a soft spot for watercolors," says artist Annette Jones of Manchester, England. This original watercolor, "Hedgehog Heart," makes a wonderful piece for Erinaceus europaeus (European hedgehog) fans. The already tidy teardrop shape of the critter makes for a lovely assemblage into a heart-shaped puzzle, while still keeping a sense of the inquisitive nature of the beast.  "My work is mostly inspired by nature," Annette wrote me recently.  "I like to paint things with life and personality, and to bring out the individual characters in my subjects."  You can see more of Annette's happy, bright work at her Etsy shop, AnnetteJonesArt.

No comments: