About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Sunday, October 16, 2016

pensive pair, 1866

thanks wikiart.org. (PD)
Camille Doncieux is shown here modeling for Claude Monet in 1866, a year when she well might have been lost in thought: in August of the next year she would give birth to Monet's son Jean, but they would not marry till 1870.  I'm afraid that her life even in overview makes for melancholy reading.  I hope this was her own dog cuddling close to her to give comfort and support - something dogs do so well when people often do not.

No comments: