About Me

My photo
Washington, United States
loves: you win if you guessed "pets" and "museums". Also books, art history, travel, British punk, Korean kimchi, bindis, martinis, and other things TBD. I will always make it very clear if a post is sponsored in any way. Drop me a line at thepetmuseum AT gmail.com !

Monday, February 13, 2017

the one to watch: kedi

thanks pixabay. not from the documentary
Of course I'm going to find a way to watch "Kedi"!
I read that Istanbul's street cats number in the hundreds of thousands (and here I thought Rome's population was lavish).  How can you live and work in a city full of independent, proud creatures and not have them affect your day?  You can't.  Director Ceyda Torun knows this first hand and makes it clear in "Kedi," her documentary on the ferals of Istanbul.
Kedi's website is here.  (Complete with trailer.)
The RogerEbert.com review of Kedi is here.

No comments: